Add FTP users to my Gen 4 server with cPanel and WHM
Here's how to give other people FTP access to your Generation 4 VPS or Dedicated Server so they can upload files or manage your site. You can limit what these users can have access to, and how much they can upload.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account. (Need help logging in?)
- In your My Products page, click Servers.
- Next to the Generation 4 server account you want to use, click Manage.
- Make sure the domain name you want to use is selected under Accounts and then click Launch cPanel.
- In the Files section of cPanel, click FTP Accounts.
- In the Add FTP Account section, complete these fields:
Field Description Log In The first part of your username. The full username includes @[your account's primary domain name]. So if your primary domain is coolexample.com, and you enter ftpuser, then the full FTP username is firstname.lastname@example.org. Password The password for this FTP user. Directory The directory this user can access. If you want to give the user access to the entire account, enter nothing but a forward slash ( / ). Quota The amount of space (in MB) the user can upload to that directory. If you don't want to limit this FTP user, select Unlimited.
Since FTP quota limits are set by directory, assigning a user to an existing directory counts existing files as part of the quota.
- Click Create FTP Account. FTP users are available as soon as you create them.
- Repeat these steps for any other users you want to add.
- Your new FTP users can upload files with FileZilla.