Manually add my email to Outlook 2016 on Windows
Learn how to manually configure your account settings in Outlook 2016 (Windows), in case the account detection tool doesn't work. (Set up your email using an auto discovery tool.)
- On the Pop and IMAP Account Settings screen, confirm or update settings details:
Field What to enter... Password Professional Email address password Username Professional Email address Type Select IMAP Incoming server Enter imap.secureserver.net Outgoing server Enter smtpout.secureserver.net
- Click More Settings.
- Click Outgoing Server.
- Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click Advanced.
- Under Server Port Numbers enter the Incoming Server (IMAP) and Outgoing Server (SMTP) server settings:
Field What to enter... Encryption Type Incoming Server (IMAP) 993 SSL Outgoing Server (SMTP) 465, 587 SSL
- Click OK.
- Click Next to complete email set up. The next page should show green checkmarks as the configuration process completes.
- To see if your email is set up properly, send yourself a test email message from your webmail. When you receive it, reply from Outlook to test your outgoing server settings.
Note: If Outlook 2016 still cannot verify your account information, please contact customer support.
Note: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Third-party marks and logos are registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.