Set up my Gen 4 server
After you purchase a Generation 4 VPS or Dedicated Server, it's time to complete your setup with its server name and other administrative info.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Servers, next to the Generation 4 server you want to use, click Manage.
- Enter a name for your server in the Server name field.
- Select an OS and data center location (if available) and then click Next.
Note: For self-managed servers: learn more about ISPConfig.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Finish.
Field Description Admin Username Create a username to log in to your server. Use a string of 5 to 12 lowercase letters and/or numbers. Don't use reserved words like "server" or "password." Password & Confirm Password Enter a password to log in to the server.
We'll complete the setup and your server should be ready to use shortly.
Note: If your server isn't ready to go within 6 hours, contact a GoDaddy Guide for assistance.
- Enable root or admin access to my Gen 4 server
- If server events are "stuck," you may need to unblock port 2224.
- Here's how to create a cPanel account in WebHost Manager.